Saturday 21 January 2012

Another skoleppar cushion



At last finished the second one. The colours have come out a bit duller, but 'im indoors prefers this one. It's the one towards the back of the chair. As it is such a dull day here, they look pretty identical through the camera's eye. Thought I would give skoleppar a rest now as I have this pair of cushions, but an out-of-the blue email came from somebody who would like me to consider giving workshops for fairly new knitters plus herself, who she considers to be quite advanced.

As this week I have also finished a baby cardigan following Pat & Steve's schematics (woollythoughts.com), it might be a good idea to do Glorious Garter, and lead them up from dishcloths via shoe inserts and the scissors keeper. Mind you, it looks as though my local shop has finally run out of those folding scissors.

Plus a course at Ruddington is due to start early Feb - my part is to teach the techniques of the CSMS to five people one day a week for up to ten weeks - petrol expenses paid. Despite having notes from the one-day learners and the Uni students, I am still having to do some prep. A lot is going to depend on what they are like - progress is never faster than the slowest one in a group. One of them will be Judi, whom I have already taught - she might find herself promoted to Deputy Sheriff.

No comments:

Post a Comment