Friday 26 April 2019

Re-establishing machine and preparing for hols

Because of illness, I am now only just getting the circular machine up and running after the show. I have decided to put the row counter sensor in a different place, but it keeps twisting round the mast. Hey ho. Finishing off another mitred square cushion, this time keeping pretty much to a purple theme, with all four corners same solid purple. I was inundated with cushion interiors from a friend, some are 16 inches, some are 23 inches - the latter may not get used as they will take so much more work and would have to charge more, say £35, and I don't think customers to the museum shop would want to pay that. Also getting ready for holiday knitting. I have made part of a pair of gloves on the flatbed as I want to try out a handknit cuff pattern that is best done in the round. Standard working for hand, but it seems to have come rather short. Easily remedied when I pick up stitches, but it looks as if the thumb gusset starts too high up. This may all work out when the gloves are completed. Gloves should be snug anyway, mittens shrug-off-able. That's my excuse. A couple of days after posting this, I found and downloaded a booklet on 12 different sorts of glove/mitten cuffs. This should provide extra fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment