Thursday 19 September 2019

September Socks

Designed as an "in-between" event, I am putting on another weekend for circular sock machine knitters at local hotel. 44 booked, 6 cancelled, so a bit quieter event than in March, which had demonstrations, workshops and competitions. By keeping expenses down to just ink and paper, I have done a little better than breakeven, and of course it all goes to the Framework Knitters Museum. I don't think the fun will be diluted though! Usual aches and pains getting things down from the attic today and wondering where I put certain items after last time. 8 bags with handles, one crate, the rolling cart for the Cymbal, and my overnight case. Amazing how it all goes in a Toyota Aygo with room to spare, when some week's I don't think I can get the weekly shopping in. New this time - a challenge on how to do my teacosies with flatweb on a CSM, and we'll be looking at selvages from Kathy's book. As a diversion, have downloaded a pattern for Danish mitten cuffs and had fun with translating it. In doing so I found a better way of crossing two elongated stitches, except they are now right over left instead of left over right. Pattern name is Kryds & bolle which a Google translate says is cross and bowl, BUT a plain Google search says is Noughts & Crosses or Tic tac toe. The first one makes best sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment