Wednesday 15 January 2020

New Year - out with the old, in with a bit of "new"

Having a rigorous clear out of old magazines. Why I kept some in the first place now escapes me, couldn't find much to inspire. Saved 8 out of about 80. Spotted a nursery/nursing rocker in local antique shop. Went back a week later and bought it. Very low seat, very high back, very neat wooden rockers and perfectly balanced. It is going in my knitting room as my "thinking" chair. I had found half a cushion cover int he attic (bit more clear out from there as well), so rapidly machine knit a back to go with it for the chair,. The old rush bottomed chair that used to be there has to go out, and this might mean the tip. Pink mittens - finished. More progress on hand dyed top down chevrons jumper. Sadly, none on poncho or crochet curtain...

2 comments:

  1. I envy you the rocking chair find - I keep looking for one but need a higher seat than any I've found so far!

    ReplyDelete