Friday 19 June 2020

Dyed in the Wool

Finished my jumper composed of much of the remaining stuff in the attic. This blog site has changed! I can't find where to post the picture.

Okay, seem to have got it now.

The wool is nearly all Wensleydale, a spot of Shetland thrown in.  Jumper is top down, starting on 80 or 88 sts (forget which now).  Four equally spaced points of double increases or double decreases.  Should have made the increases K1kfb, k1, k1kfb, to better match the decreases which look like a double line.  I was too far into in when I realised - this handspun stuff is a beggar to undo.  The numbers went a bit adrift by the time I decided to split for sleeves.    I was worried that there wouldn't be enough stitches left at  base for the welts for my hips, because of the "length on the hypotenuse", so fudges the pickup row a bit,  I made the split lower than last time (Walnut 'n' Wensleydale), with the results that the sleeves were really too wide.  I also continued the sleeves a bit too far.  On the triangles to finish them, did decreases to take about a quarter of the width out, all on one row, to about 66 sts.  At wrist level, was left with 40 stitches, which was okay.

Some of the thick and thin bit have results in some lines wanting to pleat, but they should flatten out with time I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment