Saturday 31 October 2020

Zoom

The video of me in the Griswold Room came out better than I expected - I think Matt had done some thoughtful editing over the spots where I said I didn't know what the make of the machine was!  The presentation seemed to go down well from all the reactions going on in the chat line at the side, especially during Nan's Story.  The Q&A session went on nearly as long as the video.  When I looked at it later, that wasn't too bad either, except I was sitting too close to the screen.  A couple of email conversations ensued over the next couple of days.  I have saved the basic video on a shared drive - contact me direct if you want to see it.  Otherwise, you have to me a member of the Circular Sock Knitting Machine Society to access the whole thing on their website.

And more good news - because of the presentation I got a 20% discount off my order for the equal slot ribber dial!  The items have now been shipped and are somewhere in the sky between Canada and here as I write.  I took my courage in both hands and some bicarb and vinegar, and took the pretty Cymbal to pieces again.  The right upthrow cam now moves freely.  So I have totally changed my attitude to this machine, but the oil is still coming away rather black.  

When the new 72 equal slot ribber dial arrives I will try it on this one first (because I know the original Cymbal will throw its usual hissy fit if its settings are changed).  On that, the handwarmers and socks are still piling up here.  The museum had to close again this week for the virus, so no sales are possible, staff are going in less, and it may affect the building work.  Goodness knows when the new shop area will be up and running - and there is still plenty of my stock there.  I am also racking my brain for more items that could be put on sale in the shop.  A small tissue packet cover does not look exciting enough.  The packet has to slip in with the side edge at the top.  To put it in flat, four "corners" of knitting stick up.  I know from the past that a square tissue box cover is a bit of a stretch -  but how about if every 4th stitch were dropped?  Would this slacken the fabric off enough?



Now at the end of October, it is time to review what I have been putting by for Crimble, and to see what more there is to knit.  I have totally lost the sugar pink Fair Isle Mouse.  It should have been side by side with the red one.  It will probably turn up on 26th December!

No comments:

Post a Comment