Saturday 26 December 2020

Capping it on Boxing Day

For the hats I had been trying out, I had been using either a 50 gram or a 100 gram ball of yarn.  I wondered if I made a pair of handwarmers from a 100gram ball whether that would leave enough for a hat (say about 5 60grams) of the size I wanted.  Then standing at the ironing board this morning, my hanging bag of Russian-joined re-wound yarn was just a few inches from my eyes - why hadn't I thought of that before?  No restriction on weight or yardage!


So I made my fifth stocking cap, 72 cylinder, drop-rib-stitch rib, cylinder tension as low as it will go, counted 180 full rounds in between the shaping rounds.  Half measurement is 15 inches..  Then reading one of my Crimble pressy books, thought about a tassel. This can also be pushed through other end to anchor as a scarf.


No comments:

Post a Comment