Wednesday 27 January 2021

Long Tall Sheep

 

I finished the prototype sheep mitten, and what a disaster!  It measures 12.5 inches long when it ought to be 10.  If I ever (ever) attempt it again it will have to have a  shorter "fence", a row of flowers taken out and probably the first line of sheep.  I squashed the head down a bit, got the ears lopsided, and ended up with two more stitches on one side than the other.  And the mistakes!  Oh, tons.  



The palm pattern need to be sorted so that the mid-point of the black  diamonds fits neatly under the tip, which could affect the stitch count.  I won't be putting the thumb on this, or, of course, making a second mitten.
Back to the drawing board.  (Don't know why I keep saying this, I haven't even got a drawing board) 


No comments:

Post a Comment