Tuesday 3 August 2021

Clowning About

 

 

  
I was looking for another circular sock machine project and came across these little clown purses in an 1989 magazine.  Althought I had done "full size" clowns before, I hadn't made these disembodied ones.  They were done on the Knitmaster, based on 40 sts.  Although they seem small, they would be too gi-normous on a circular I think, even the 60 cylinder.  However, ideal size for Christmas bauble, and as I had still got some of the lavender acrylic that B gave me , instantly thought of lavender bags.  An empty one will hold chocolate coins nicely, and then doesn't look too emaciated to hang back on the tree.  Dark green ones will have some spices and dried lemon verbena in.

 


  
And a full size clown on the 72 stitch cylinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment