Wednesday 26 August 2020

The year of four machines


At the beginning of March, before the last Kegworth event, I owned just one machine, my faithful Cymbal.  I never wanted to be a collector.  Now, less than six months later I seem to have four!

I got a Griswold at the event, which my pal at the museum was looking over f or me.  He says it works.  Then I bought the Ashcroft 3D printed machine, which arrived at the end of June

And now a friend on Ravelry has called me on a "first refusal".  Last September she was starting to sell off some craft items.  She had bought a Cymbal with two cylinders, ribbers and new needles  but never used it (or even unpacked it, I understand).  As it was right before the extra event at Kegworth, I asked her to give me first refusal as I thought I could sell it on quickly to make money for the museum.  She then changed her mind.  Last week she wrote to me.  I had forgotten all about the machine, of course, but felt I had to go ahead with it as they are trying to raise money for her daughter's first flat. She just wants the money she paid for it.  It's a bit more than I would usually consider and I can't believe I am buying it sight unseen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment