Thursday 5 March 2009

Purple Sheep


Went up to the local organic farm shop this morning - they had three purple sheep in the field! I hurriedly parked the car and grabbed my camera. Once I had taken a shot I could see they it wasn’t just a purple splodge or raddle (wrong time of year anyway to mark if the ram had been at the ewe, as they are just about to give birth). The message of the side of the nearest sheep read “Hay Ewe”. Apparently some agricultural students had been visiting, and sprayed the message on, silly sods. Made me smile though. Inside the shop I bought uncooked beetroot and red cabbage for my Dyeing Day next weekend. I’m doing onion skins as well. It has since occurred to me that if I display the beets, the cabbage and some red onions, they are all just about the same shade of red - but the dyes they give me are orange, turquoise and golden yellow, respectively, which would demonstrate the point that you don't always get the colour you can see. Don’t know if I will get any of them anyway, as I don’t know what the water supply is like up in Hazelwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment