Tuesday 10 March 2009

Sockwise or Anti-sockwise?

Having got into some difficulty with the rib on some Lana Grossa yarn, I decided to hand knit the ribs and place the work back on the CSM. Unfortunately because of the thread-up the yarn has to be cut (I wouldn’t have earned anything from the Imperia knitting company for this, they insisted on every sock only have one piece of yarn in it). Dropping the rib into the middle of the machine the same way as I knit means the machine in normal action takes the yarn in the opposite direction and would leave a big hole not easy to mend. So the rib has to be turned inside out. As I’ve done an invisible cast on with two rows of slip stitch it is identical both sides. Phew.

Afterthought - it wouldn’t really be the end of the world if I turned the handle the other way until the heel shaping. Just unconventional.

No comments:

Post a Comment