Sunday 8 March 2009

Up to Lee Mills and being fleeced

Up to Lee Mills to take six binbags full of yarn for the Yarn Mountain and to attempt to help sorting out for the new season. Oh dear, didn’t get very far, there is so much new stuff to be put away. But did some research on Marianne Kinzel, and find we have got most of the patterns. How ever the place is going to be clear for the first set of visitors in two weeks goodness only knows, let alone any displays going up. I do wish I lived nearer. And this year the SkipNorth group will be 44 strong!

Got home to find an email from a new friend about a CSM she has recently bought - she was fleeced £950 for a filthy, rusty, item which took her a lot of work to get going, and when she complained, the man called her a liar! Just goes to show you should never buy any machinery by post without seeing and testing it out first (bit arch of me to say this, I have just ordered a new lawnmower from Tesco Direct online! But that is a recognised brand. It’s all the more embarrassing as I know this man, and like him (but have never bought anything from him.) I feel so lucky I got my CSM via Ruddington.

No comments:

Post a Comment